Thursday, June 30, 2022

"Temple of the Calhoun" - 07/21/2008

"Temple of the Calhoun"
07/21/2008
Dream Two:


At a school graduation. Everyone there was dressed up in suits, dresses or costumes with props, just to be silly. Some huge guy was walking around dressed as Hellboy, and he was pretty much leading us to wherever we had to go, within this huge school with like 10 floors. I can’t remember exactly what I was wearing, but I know I had my Daywalker sword, and Cloud Strife’s seven-piece sword that I was carrying around with me. My friend, B, was trying to get out of coming with us to the graduation, for some reason, and we had to practically drag him around because he was trying to keep from participating.

Later (my notes say something about “Indian Cloth” here, but I have no idea what that’s supposed to mean), huge bugs appeared outside the building. They were flying around by the thousands, and swarming in front of all the windows, hovering and looking in. They began crashing in through the windows. It was only one at first, and I watched disembodied as it transformed into some slimy creature that looked like it was straight out of Cloverfield, chased down some kid, and pinned him down. It traced a “finger” (if you could really call it that) around the kids eyeball, and then it reached in. My perspective looked away from the scene and, though I couldn’t see it, I heard the young guy screaming as the eye was pulled out.

More of these things came crashing through the windows, first, seemingly as pods with wings, but then transforming, as the first did, into more of those legged creatures. I started running, and they soon had many of the floors blocked off, including the way out. I remember racing from floor to floor, up and down the now slime-coated (and stopped) escalators, dodging these things all over the place. After some time, it seemed like I was the only human still left in the building. I began stabbing and slashing my way through these things with the two swords that I was carrying, though all the details of that are gone.

I also remember some sort of voice talking about how the school had turned into the “Temple of the Calhoun,” (“Calhoun” being the name of the bug-things, apparently) but I don’t remember much of the context of that either.

No comments:

Post a Comment