Thursday, June 30, 2022

"Hancock's Powers" - 07/20/2008

”Hancock’s Powers”
07/20/2008
Dream One:
 


(I don’t remember very much of this one at all – just going off of my notes, and even those don’t really bring most of the beginning of the dream back into memory.)

I started off this dream with Hancock’s powers (was watching the movie when I went to sleep). Apparently, I started off by going around and helping people, at times. I ended up with a group of friends, including C., who used to hang out in my old neighborhood. Another girl in the group turned out to be my “opposite,” like Charlize’s character in the movie. 

We were, then, at someone’s house. The unfamiliar girl had been crying, for some reason, and I spent a large part of the dream consoling her, hugging and kissing her while our group was waiting around for C. while she was busy with something. We were told that we had to go meet C. at “Covington” something-or-other. I knew where it was, so we all left the house. The mystery girl slipped up to me to hold my hand and, after walking for some time, her expression changed, and she immediately seemed really apprehensive about something. Without disclosing why, she decided that she was going to split from the group and walk a separate way. I asked if she knew something that she wasn’t telling us, and she just refused to answer. She went the opposite way, and the rest of us continued walking to the neighborhood where we were supposed to meet C.

Shortly afterward, I found myself walking through a strange house, alone. All of a sudden, some kid in his late-teens jumped out from around a corner, slashing at me with a knife. He caught me by surprise, so I instinctively reacted and grabbed him. I noticed, though, how strong he was. Holding him back, as best I could, I was still suffering glazing cuts and scratches from the knife proving that, along with having lost my super-strength, I was, also, no longer invulnerable to attack.

We struggled on our feet, for a short while, and ended up crashing through a nearby window. When we hit the ground, on the outside, I felt the boy's head ended up cracking on something. Blood began pouring out of it, profusely. Having merely been defending myself, I never meant to kill this kid. I had, apparently, lost my powers after having been around my "opposite," for quite a while, and I was pretty sliced up, but I picked the stranger up and carried him down the street, where there just happened to be some medics in an ambulance. It turned out that the kid has lost too much blood, though, and it was too late to save him.

No comments:

Post a Comment