Wednesday, March 11, 2020

"March Madness" - 10/12/2007

"March Madness"
10/12/2007
Dream #2 

(This was obviously brought upon by the recent "Jena Six" situation and/or the reaction from the noose that was hung on a professor's door at Columbia University.)

I was with an enormous group of people, mostly black, and posing some type of march, headed toward a school a few miles away. We were walking along an old set of railroad tracks that had a bunch of unconnected train cars scattered along the tracks, obviously having not been used for a long time. The group that I was walking closest to happened to be a stereotypical "thugs" and, even though I was making small talk with them, and feeling them out, I was also keeping a cautious eye on them, because I felt that they were up to no good, evidenced by a few subtle cues in their behavior. The "leader" of this certain group and I had been talking, for some time, while walking along the tracks, and he told me that he was strapped. He flashed this wicked-looking, fully-automatic handgun and said that he trusted me to get involved with their cause (Whatever that was). In doing so, he handed me a gun that was exactly like his. 

Sooner or later, something happened that caused a huge fight between many of the members of the march, instigated by the group of thugs I was with. The "leader" then whipped out his gun and started spraying into the crowd. I fell back some, and tried to slink out of his sight. At first, he was making it a point not to shoot at me. But, then, he noticed that I wasn't backing him up. He turned his gun in my direction, and I dropped behind an oil drum, tilting it up to block the gunfire as it came in my direction. I picked up the drum (which was only half a drum, actually), trying to keep it low enough to keep my legs from getting hit and high enough to duck my head behind it, and I dove behind one of the train cars. People were ducking and screaming and running all over the place. Just when I'd thought about having to use the gun the guy gave me against him, I saw the police come in. They moved in a tight squad around one of the train cars, trying to stay out of view. I put my gun away, because I didn't want to give them the impression than I was working with the trigger-happy psycho.

They were able to sneak up on the guy by staying behind the car nearest to him, and I moved in closer to get a better view. They shot him a few times before he even knew they were there, and he still kept trying to shoot back. One of the cops then moved in and shot him once in the head, taking him down. His body still seemed to be writhing on the ground, so the lead cop stood over him and put a few more bullets in him.

Things settled down and the march eventually continued. We ended up at this university and I remember a storm coming in behind us. We sought shelter in something that seemed like the Shop Class section, behind a rolling warehouse door, and stayed into the night. Sometime during that time, I was taking a closer look at the gun I was given and saw that it looked more like a power tool than an actual gun. It looked like a drill on steroids, and it was filled with a magazine full of wooden nails, instead of bullets.

(I know there was more to this dream, but that's about all I remember.)

No comments:

Post a Comment