Wednesday, August 31, 2022

"Pressure on the Wound" - 12/17/2016

"Pressure On the Wound"
12/17/2016
Dream #2

I was laying in bed with my girlfriend and, for some unknown reason, I had the worst pain in my left hip. It was absolutely excruciating. It felt like I had either been shot or had my hipbone broken before my recollection of the dream began. (In terms of what I have ever experienced in pain, this was definitely Top 2 or 3.) I was crying out and writhing in agony, cradling the unknown wounded with my hands, the best I could. My girlfriend, though, thought my torment was absolutely hilarious. She began to poke and prod my hip with her hands, relishing in every wince and flinch I performed while trying to keep her away from me. I was helpless, however, as I couldn't even move from where I was, without having to deal with another round of some of the worst pain I had ever felt. 

Secure in the fact that I wasn't going anywhere, and obviously excited by my disability, my girlfriend (who is a martial artist, IRL), pulled out her cellphone and leaned back on one side of the bed, propping her feet up across my torso as if I were a stack of throw pillows, and making herself completely comfortable. Through the whimpers of my unrelenting pain, I heard her dialing up a fight agent, scheduling a MMA fight against me, knowing that I was at a handicap and I would be in no condition to even hold my own in a fight - let alone win one. I remember feeling betrayed and continuously trying to reach out and take the phone from her, only to have to pull back, each time, and double over in pain once more.

(I woke up writhing in bed, as she was trying to console me after having witnessed me struggling during the dream. She told me that she could see that I was having a nightmare and wanted to make sure I was ok. Reluctantly, I told her about what had been going on. I could tell she was a little disconcerted, but she took it rather well.

Also, I've started working out and taking multi-vitamins again, so my dreams are becoming more frequent - and possibly more intense - than they have been, lately, which usually happens when I start making certain changes during waking life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment