Tuesday, September 21, 2021

"Subterranean" - 07/28/2008

"Subterranean"
07/28/2008

(I believe this began in the DeLand area, off of [Redacted] Blvd.)

I remember spending some time in a Checkers burger joint with some friends, late at night, and finding out that there was an enormous hole to an underworld, somewhere down the street. The concrete had broken away, and there was this gash in the ground, maybe half a mile long and about  quarter-mile thick, at its widest point. We would stare down into this cavern, which seemed to be illuminated with green torches set against the rock formations that lined the walls of the trench.

Sooner or later, we got around to climbing down into this hole in the Earth. There were a bunch of pathway ledges and hand-holds upon which to scale the wall. (I usually don’t do all that much in non-lucids that I wouldn’t do in real life, but there is no way in hell I would have started scaling this trench.) We came across a bunch of creatures that looked like they might have been at home in the 'Lord of the Rings'. There were so many different species that we ended up seeing a computerized catalog of all the enemies we would come across, as we went deeper into the Earth. It became very video game-like.

There was some princess - or some kind of royal figure - that lived in this labyrinth of caves and rocky paths that stretched for miles and miles beneath the streets, branching out from the single hole that led to street level. The father of the (humanoid and quite-gorgeous) princess was a far-larger monster that reminded me of one of the colossi from the 'Shadow of the Colossus' game. Plenty of times, this colossus would splatter me all of the place, killing me, but I would, then, respawn - just like I was playing a game - and have to make my way back through the caverns again. I remember being at one of the exits, and two T-rexes coming straight toward me. I frantically retreated and was chased by them, ducking away into a hole that led me straight back into the catacombs. (My notes say something about becoming lucid here, but I really don’t remember that.)

Later, I was going back down into the tunnels, after having been killed numerous times (obviously, a glutton for punishment, at this point), and one of the entrances was blue and covered with ice and snow. As I descended lower, down the steps and into the cave, it became darker and more deeply blue around the walls. I was suddenly attacked by the ninja Sub-Zero from 'Mortal Kombat'. (Because of course. Lol.) I don’t remember much of the fight, and I think he, too, ended up killing me, but I’m not sure.

I also remember a moment when I was explaining to someone how the place in the huge gash in the Earth worked, and how you can die and just come back to life, and how much of a good adventure it was. I told them about my run-ins with the colossus, and how he’d killed me plenty of times, in the past. I can't recall anything more than this, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment