Tuesday, February 11, 2020

"The Lucidity Effect" - 06/15/2006 (Lucid)

"The Lucidity Effect"
6/15/2006
Dream #3
(Lucid)
(I fell back asleep, after dream #2, and I remember much less of the next one, but it was still really vivid.)

I was telling someone about the dragon dream I’d had “the night before,” and I was going into detail about how the dragon first appeared. (Now, after this part, I’d noticed a bit of a scenery change, but I think it was a part of the same dream, so I’ll write it that way.) There was some commotion behind us, and someone had just gotten shot. It was then, that I noticed that the scenery was set in the old west.

We were outside of some really lavish building - like a mansion or theater, or something like that - and there was a crowd of people swarming around the incident. I think either some little girls, or some young women, were shot, though I don’t know why. (I do remember something about how they were standing close enough so that more than one of them were hit with the same shot.) There was something about this whole thing that didn’t seem right, though. I just couldn’t quite tell what it was, at first.

(It may have had something to do with not being able to remember what I was doing before all this happen that prompted this next part, but if you’ve ever seen the movie The Butterfly Effect you’ll get the concept.)

I figured out that by collecting some of the blood from the victim and doing something with it that - I think - involved gun powder (Don’t ask me what the hell I did, because I don’t know), I could send myself, and the three guys I’d been telling my dragon dream to, back in time to before the shooting, in order to try and stop it.

I think I mixed the gunpowder with the blood (or something like that). Then, there was a bright flash, and we were suddenly back to right before the shooting. We ran up to the crowded doorway of the building and jumped the guy that we knew had the gun, stripping him of it. However, history seemed destined to repeat itself, as someone else ended up shooting the girls. (It was the old west, and Everybody had a gun, of course.)

(The transition into this next part is pretty hazy, in my memory, but...) Sooner or later, I was inside the building, and there were four witches/sorceresses/whatever, inside. They were all black women, and wearing beautiful gowns. It felt like I was in old New Orleans or something. Anyway, even though it was a bit disjointed, I don't believe this was a separate dream because I think they were talking about the futility of my trying to change time - something about how I was meddling with powers I couldn’t comprehend, or something like that, and basically threatening me with their own powers.

Everyone else had disappeared, and I was alone, in what I believe was an elegant dining room, surrounded on three sides by these women - who I could tell were really powerful - and a solid wall, I think, on the fourth side.

I was definitely feeling like I was in deep shit, because they had me cornered, and I was obviously not going anywhere. But then, thanks to the perception of impending danger, lucidity kicked in once again (as it had done, in the dream prior to this one). Knowing that I was still dreaming I got a slight grin, for a moment, but then put my game face back on.

I started talking a little trash to these witches, which they didn’t take very lightly. I can’t remember what I said, but before I knew it, they were all trying to kill me. They had absolutely 0 effect, though. Haha. Oh man, it was great! I started walking toward them, one by one, simply waving off their attack spells with a dismissive hand. The first one, standing in the doorway to my right, shot what I think was electricity at me. I slapped it away and it shattered a wall-length mirror beside me. She backed up, just a little, through a door and into the hallway behind her, when she saw me still coming in her direction. Drawing her hands back, she then lurched forward and unleashed a steady stream of fire toward me. Without breaking stride, I put up one hand and blocked the fire with my mind. Then, I pushed the flying blaze back out into the hallway and shut the door mentally, filling the hallway with her own fire and burning the witch alive.

Continuing on my counter-clockwise advance, I came to the next witch, who was halfway between me and the last. She was near the wall between two doors, which were on the same side of the room, and had nowhere to go. When she threw her lightning at me, I didn’t even put up my hand. I just decided that it wasn’t going to touch me, and it never did. The last thing I remember of her was her surprised look, right before I stepped up to her, grabbed her face in both hands and spun it to one side, breaking her neck. She dropped to the floor and I continued on walking toward the last witch.

This one, obviously the oldest, wasn’t as ignorant. She began walking backward, struck with fear, as I stalked her way. She was practically tripping over herself, as she shied away from me, retreating out of the room and into another hallway, which led to the main lobby. There was a high, twisted staircase in the middle of the room - quite beautiful, actually - and it was surrounded by all of these chandeliers. Anyway, she began crawling backward up these stairs, trying to get away from me, pleading for me to spare her and whatnot. I didn’t say a word, but just kept closing in on her, menacingly, as she wound her way backwards, up the stairs, to about the 6th flight or so. She ended up with her back against the railing which overlooked the large room below us. I leaned in so close to her that our faces were practically touching, staring maliciously into her panicked eyes. I can’t remember what she said - or what I said, afterward - or even whether or not I pushed her away with my mind (which I think I did), but before I knew it, she was plummeting down, through one of the chandeliers and to the ground, below.

(If there was anything after this, I don’t remember it, but Damn, what a night. Haha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment