Tuesday, June 22, 2021

"Treasure Huntress" - 6/26/2007

"Treasure Huntress"
06/26/2007
Dream #2
 This one started out quite normally...

I was with a couple of my friends, and we were eating in a fast-food restaurant. There was a gorgeous brunette that walked in and sat down, a few tables away from us. Apparently, in this dream, I already knew who she was, and I had some kind of  ‘secret’ meeting planned with her.

Without any real explanation, I slipped away from my friends and went and sat down with this woman. She was something of a hot-shot archaeologist – in the tradition of Indiana Jones and Lara Croft - and she had a tip-off on some variety of priceless “things” and needed a companion, so she decided to get in touch with me.

The dream skipped ahead, and we had been out searching for all kinds of stuff. At this time, we had ventured way, out onto some large, desert sand dunes, somewhere, and were digging. I, in particular, was digging all over this certain area with a small shovel, and my companion was asking me what I was doing. I told her something about a legend of a city that was supposed to be buried somewhere, around here. She smiled. Throughout our time together, we had obviously become very close, with a relationship that definitely bordered on “romantic,” but never quite crossed that line. She thought it was cute, that she had sort of turned me on to the whole treasure-hunting thing, though she figured that I had absolutely no idea what I was doing or talking about, as far as this "legend" was concerned.

We were conversing idly with each other, positioned over the hole that I had been digging, and she wasn’t really taking anything I said seriously - as she was the big, badass-treasure hunter, and I was just a rookie - but she was being really sweet about it. Trying to get me to give up this particular, tangential mission that I was on, she shifted to move away from a wall of sand/rock that we were leaning against. Upon her doing so, a section of dirt around the hole - the piece that she just stepped off of - broke away and fell down into the hole. I told her to be careful, because she almost fell into the void with it, and she looked at me and smirked and said something like “What? That little hole? Haha. Oh come on, I’ve been through much worse than that.”

She, then, climbed up onto another rise in the sand, that was about as tall as I was, saying something like “I really doubt there’s anything out here." As soon as she said that, though, she suddenly sank down into a soft patch in the embankment and disappeared. I ran over to the side of the sand hill and began to dig straight forward, into it, frantically, thinking that it would be more effective in finding her than climbing on top of the sand hill and looking down into the hole she'd made. After a few moments of horizontal digging, my fingers hit...glass. The woman's face came into view, behind the glass, within the darkness of some sort of vast chamber surrounding her. Widening the hole from my side, the glass revealed itself to be a window, about 7ft high by 14ft wide. White letters were painted onto the glass, and the last word was, visibly, "Station." I knew, instinctually, that this was an old, antique train station that evidenced the entire city that we'd find buried beneath this desert, and - by the look on her face, through the glass - I could tell that she knew it too. I don't remember anything after that revelation, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment