Wednesday, November 13, 2019

"Of Martians and Hit-Men" - 10/03/2019 (Lucid)

"Of Martians and Hit-Men"
10/03/2019
(Lucid)

The first thing I remember is being on a paved walking trail, with my g/f. We came to a set of train tracks, realizing that we'd passed our intended branch-off, a short while back. After turning back and heading in the other direction, I noticed that someone seemed to be following us, from far behind. Although suspicious, I knew that I had my gun with me, so we just continued walking, and the person, though going in the same direction, never really got any closer.

Sometime later, we were talking to the next door neighbor to the house where we'd intended to go (which was not my real house nor neighbor), while standing in his garage. We eventually said our goodbyes and went to walk back next door and, on the way, I noticed a woman sitting in one of the cars in "our" driveway, as if she was waiting for someone. While trying to figure out who she was, a man walked up behind us, effectively placing us between himself and the woman in the car, just as she opened the door and stepped out of it. I figured the man to be the person we'd noticed on the trail, and he revealed themselves to be a hit man / hit woman duo, who - for some reason - had us on contract.

The woman - easily the more "animated" of the two - was talking a whole lotta trash. Finger-pointing, and all - as if this were, somehow, personal. While she was talking, I was trying to think if there was any possible way I would be able to get a draw on them, but I know there was no way I would be able to catch them both without getting both me and my g/f shot.

While she was ranting, I noticed the neighbor walking, cautiously, up the driveway. Obviously sensing that something was wrong, he timidly asked if everything was ok. Knowing the hit-team had guns discretely trained on us, I was silently screaming for the neighbor to just turn around and walk away, but all I could manage was something like "Yeah, everything's ok. Don't worry about it," hoping that he'd just leave us alone and spare himself some potential fallout - which he did. Still with no feasible chance to draw and shoot my way out of this ambush, I was nearly resigned to being caught dead to rights. The hit man raised his gun, and it was then that I caught a glimpse of something over his shoulder.

A meteor? The fire trail streaking in the sky suggested so. Then, however, the object nearly stopped on a dime, instantly slowing to a point where the trail disappeared, leaving a small spot of light. This was followed by another fire trail, streaking to a crawl, beside it - and then another...and another. These were not meteors. These were Spaceships - an entire fleet of them - apparently dropping out of warp, having reached their earthly destination.

"ALIENS!!" I yelled, staring straight passed the barrel of the gun in my face. It was obvious that the hit man didn't believe me, and he was just on the verge of pulling the trigger. Now, completely ignoring the immediate danger before me, I raised a hand and pointed over his shoulder, deathly serious, yelling "WE'RE BEING F'CKING INVADED!!" My outburst was confirmed by an chorus of concussive blasts and gunfire, from around the street corner. A full-scale assault on the city broke out, as if someone had turned on a light-switch. Our would-be killers' hit job totally collapsed as our two groups instantly scattered to seek shelter. Then, the aliens came into view - seemingly from all directions, at once. They were robotic, bipedal beings with laser rifles and were just massacring people, everywhere, on the streets. It was utter chaos. Before I could do anything about it, they were converging on us and opening fire. Terrified and flinching from what I thought was, again, certain death, I realized that this could not really be happening. I had to be dreaming!

In this momentary rush of lucidity, I began indiscriminately ducking and dodging the incoming fire, pushing the thought of being harmed by anything, out of my mind. Feeling comfortable and in control with my state, I just flipped and spun away from their shots.

My lucidity didn't last very long, though, and I was sucked back into the narrative, running with my g/f, into a nearby school. Although it was night time, the inside of the school was bustling, with elementary school aged kids and adults roaming about, as if it were the middle of the day. Having drawn my gun, before coming in, I kinda kept it under my shirt, instead of putting it fully back in the holster. We shifted through the halls of the school and tried to escape the alien onslaught outside - for some reason, never alerting anyone to what was going. Of course, it didn't take long for the invasion to crash its way into the building, and the last thing I remember is a hazy shootout, while a squad of the alien machines just ripped though large numbers of innocent men, women and children inside the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment