Thursday, October 31, 2019

"Third Degree Burns" - 03/19/2009 (Lucid + FA)

"Third Degree Burns"
03/19/2009
Dream #1
(Lucid)

I was with DV Member "Burns", and some other dude. They were going out, for the first time, and I was there - third-wheeling it - hanging out with them and getting wasted at some bar inside a mall. I can't remember what Burns was having, but I had a gin and tonic (which is not a common drink for me), as did the other guy. I remember paying for the first round, but nothing about who got the others. Burns seemed really vulnerable, though, as if she had just come out of a failed relationship and was really touchy and suspicious of this other guy. They kept getting into tiny spats which, eventually, turned into a huge argument. She was being really catty, and he was being pretty insensitive, just kind of shrugging off everything she said, which obviously helped make things worse.

A little later, I was sitting on a small group of steps, shuffling cards (which I often do, to keep myself busy when I'm bored or agitated), and the two of them were standing a couple of feet away from me, still going at it. Finally, I spoke up and said something like: "You know, I'm just going to come out and say it. You're both being assholes to each other. I've been here, the whole time, and I think you're both being really unfair to each other and it's only making things worse for no reason." Realizing I was right, they both apologized to each other. I also apologized to Burns because I kept calling her 'Burns' instead of her real name. She said it was ok, that she found it endearing, and that I could keep calling her Burns if I wanted to.

Later, after everything was cool again, Burns and the dude were gone, and I was strolling around the mall. Glancing into one of the stores I was passing, I saw a girl I used to work with and had previously had a huge crush on, before we'd, unfortunately, had a big falling out. She noticed me and began to talk to me. The atmosphere was really awkward, because before now, she'd been avoiding me for over a year, and we'd pretty much just stopped talking to each other, altogether. Now, she was actually putting in effort to make conversation with me, which was surprising. She began to take on a saddened, almost solemn tone, and she asked me why we never really became good friends, instead of acquaintances. She immediately followed this by asking why we never became more than just friends.

By the look in her eyes, she seemed really sincere - almost heartbroken, at the thought - which really affected me. All I could answer with was "I don't know" (because I didn't know), but just seeing her like this really made me miss her being around, and I could feel myself getting a little choked up. She told me that it wasn't too late to fix things between us...and then she admitted that she wanted to grow old and have kids with me, someday, which to say the least - blew my mind. The whole time we were talking, the multi-screen TV setup in the background was playing some presentation about 'love'. She then began laying her sentiments on really thick. She was telling me that I'd have to be devoted to her - and only her, and about how I'd better not go around talking to other women and whatnot. By then, I was thinking to myself "Whoa, slow down...you've been avoiding me for over a year, and now you're talking to me like we're exchanging vows??" I knew that something was out of place. There was something very weird about the way she was acting, and this whole situation in general.

I took a quick look at my surroundings. The mall was practically empty, now, and when I turned back in her direction, she was gone. The only one anywhere near me was a female store clerk, who was looking at me like I was nuts, because I was just standing in one spot and looking around like I was lost. I said, outloud, that "this can't be real." The clerk said something or other, doubting my assertion. I started thinking backward, to earlier events, and I came to the realization that this couldn't be real because I didn't remember ever driving to this mall. I was just kinda "here." I began to suspect that I was dreaming, but things were really vivid, and I couldn't discern anything to specifically prove my suspicion.

Raising one hand toward a stack of magazines in the store, I tried to levitate them with telekinesis, but they wouldn't budge. Then, looking upward, I tried to 'will' the lights to flicker, but that didn't really work, neither. Finally, I tried to manifest my old crush again. I looked back at the TV screens that were playing the 'love' program, and tried to visualize her coming into view. Slowly, she walked through the wall of screens like they were made of liquid, and she was standing before me, once again. "I knew it!" I said, now certain that this was a dream.

I glanced around the mall again, trying to think of something constructive to do with my remaining lucidity. It was then that I caught a glimpse of something on the ceiling. It was an arm sticking out from over a suspended light fixture. It quickly tucked itself away, just as I looked up, but not before I could make out the dingy, red and green fabric of the long-sleeved sweater.

"Ha! Get out here, Freddy!" I called out, knowing immediately who it was. The second I yelled for him, a security guard suddenly grabbed me by the wrist. I quickly turned to face him, just in time to see his face morph from some ordinary stranger into the twisted, burned-away visage of Krueger. I didn't notice the change of the security guard outfit back to the sweater, but it was instantaneous. Krueger was grinning evily, and I could tell he was ready to try his hand at killing me again. Happy that he showed up, I rolled my wrist out of his grasp and jumped backward. "What's up, man?!" I challenged him, slinging one hand down after the other, I made razors that matched his gloves slide out of my fingertips - like I'd done in our first meeting, but this time with both hands. I could actually feel them break the skin with a dull pinch. Freddy came at me on a mission. We started hacking and slashing at each other, ducking and dodging wild slices and stabs, and blocking each others nails with our own - though there were no sparks when our hands clashed, as there had been on the first time we fought nails-to-nails.

We moved deftly through the mall while fighting, kind of 'gliding' over the ground in long dashes and matching strides, as if we were aggressive ice skaters chasing each other around the rink while throwing blows. For all his trying, though, he couldn't lay a hand on me. It came to be that I was chasing him at one point, and he was dashing backward while facing me and fighting off my attacks. We were moving really fast, and I thought I could get him with a distraction. I slashed at him, saying "Duck!", which he ducked. I did it again with the other arm, saying "DUCK!" which he ducked again. And then, mixing it up instead of "Goose!" which is how the kids' game goes, I said "Moose!!" and pointed over Freddy's shoulder, jokingly implying that there was a moose behind him. Briefly confused, Freddy turned his head to look behind him and said "Huh?!?" Just then, as soon as he wasn't looking, I slammed my shoulder into his body, throwing him off of his feet at full speed and making him crash into a corner, sprawled upside down with his legs in the air. I exploded into laughter, pointing at him. 

I could feel the dream's solidity fading, but before I had time to think, Freddy was back on his feet and the fight was back on. This time, I was the one dashing backward, while he advanced on me. I tried to show off a bit and jumped into the air, flipping upside down and trying to offset gravity by running on the ceiling.  By trying to manuever myself so that I would still be facing Freddy - which involved putting a half spin in, with the flip - I became disoriented. Now, there was practically nothing but a fading blur in my field of vision. I could still make out his arm swinging for me, and I tried to sneak a peek at my hands, in order to bring the clarity back into the dream - but I was doing so in the midst of ducking and dodging his attacks, and things were just too frantic to solidify.

The dream faded and I woke up. At least, I thought I woke up.

Dream #2 
(False Awakening)
(Lucid)

I woke up in my bed, and there was a really hot blonde, straddling my pelvis. Surprisingly, I didn't think too much of it, at first, and I glanced at the TV. There was a horror movie on, but I can't recall what was going on, on the screen. I looked back at the girl, who was looking seductively down at me, and that's when I suddenly realized that I was still dreaming. The moment I figured this out, the girl's eyes rolled all the way back into her head, until they were nothing but white. Her facial features quickly deteriorated and her mouth became freakishly slack-jawed, as she turned into a demon right before me.

(I immediately woke up for real. I came to the computer to type up my notes and browse DV. I checked on what the lucid tasks of the month were, and went back to bed with a mind to attempt a WBTB.)

No comments:

Post a Comment