Tuesday, September 17, 2019

"Shadow of the Bat" - 01/09/2007

"Shadow of the Bat"
01/09/2007
Dream #2

(There was an interesting bit of role-reversal on this one, as I’m hardly ever - if ever - rolling with the villains. Anyway...this one was brief, but awesome.)

I was in the backseat of an apparent getaway car, and we were hauling ass down a random city street, at night, after we’d just pulled off a heist. Fully aware that we were being pursued, I turned and looked out the back window, expecting a car chase with the police. Instead, I saw something else following us. It was impossible to tell what it was, however, because it was jet black and I could only see a few brief glimpses of it at a time, in the limited, strobing glow of the passing streetlights. Whatever it was, though, it was big, it was flying, and it was catching up to us.

The terrifying black mass swooped in closer, and only then could I tell that it was the trademark symbol of Batman: a widespread silhouette of his cape, stretched out with a rigidity that could have only suggested the memory-cloth cape from Batman Begins. He was gliding in fast enough to where he actually began to overtake and fly over the top of us. I leaned my head further back in the window to try to see straight up into the sky, overhead. Between the pulse of the streetlights, I saw the shape collapse in mid-air. The dark blob of a figure dropped out of the sky and smashed down onto the rear windshield, Batman’s boots stomping the glass right above my head and causing cracks to spider-web across the surface. He wasn’t able to break it, though, and he bounced back into the air, flaring out the cape, again, into the bat-shaped glider. 

Just as before, the intimidating Bat silhouette was chasing us. I don’t think he ever ended up catching us, though.

(I thought it was pretty tight that I never actually saw Batman - that I can remember -  I only saw his cape take and lose shape, and a small glimpse of his boots when he dropped down to land on the car. It may have only been a fragment, but this was one of my favorite Batman dreams, to date.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment