Tuesday, February 9, 2021

"Gateway Amex" - 4/22/2005

"Gateway Amex"
4/22/2005


(This one jumped around a bit, but I will try to recall as much as possible.)

The first part of the dream took place at a house that was not unlike mine. It was a friend's house, whose mother had not been home, at the time. For some reason, I started off this scenario, behaving much like Spider-Man. At various points, his mother would come home, and I would have to hide from sight as fast as possible because my friend was grounded and not allowed to have company. Once, I jumped straight up and stuck to the ceiling of the garage, just as she was pulling in. I don’t remember too much about having the Spider-Man persona, more than just his typical abilities. The feeling of web-swinging was definitely prominent, including the sensation of the strands of webbing adhering to my wrists and arms and hanging idly like flailing ropes from my body.

Sometime, along the way, there was, also, a strange card, that I had been instructing the younger friend in how to use. I’m not quite sure who this person was, nor whether it was someone from my waking life, but I recall that the card, itself, seemed like one of those silver AMEX cards, with the blue square in the center. Upon looking through the center, I showed my acquaintance that you could see into another realm - one full of spirits. I had figured that it was the astral plane, or something a little more exclusively sinister. The area where most of the dream took place, seemed to be on the outside of a large slum area, and I remember distinctly seeing an aerial shot of the surrounding city. A massive highway ran along it, and a river sat beside the strip. That sort of "establishing shot" of the surroundings was the last thing I recall.

(To be honest, I think the card itself was to remind me of my mission to visit the Lucid Crossroads, as the river might have been, as well.  last night's dreaming seemed more like the kinda dream you treat as lucid - by bending the laws of waking physics - but in which you are still not quite sure that everything you’re experiencing is a dream. Damn..maybe next time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment