Monday, January 21, 2019

"The Deep" - 12/06/2005

"The Deep"
12/06/2005

(I remember two dream scenarios from last night, though much of the detail has been lost since I had to hurry up and get here to work.)

The first dream was the most intense. It took place on some desolate, off-shore structure - like an oil rig, or something. There was a long sequence of exploring this mysterious, seemingly-abandoned place, though I don’t remember who was with me. Sometime later, we realized we were being hunted through this structure by these things the resembled Yautjas (Predator Aliens). There were a lot of close calls; almost getting caught and killed by these things. After a while, the only way away from them was to sneak my way to the outside of the rig and jump overboard. 

Diving into the royal-blue waters of the middle of the ocean, with no land in sight, at All, I just began swimming as fast as I could, away from the rig. But, of course, it was a heavy case of 'out of the frying pan, and into the fire'. As I was swimming, I’d begun to realize that there was something in the water, with me. 

Something Big….Something REAAALLY big.

Tentacles flew up around me; tentacles so large that they were each about as wide as a redwood, and so long that I could never see the full length of any of them. What made it even worse was that this wasn’t just an octopus or giant squid, that was trying to get me, this was a horrific and seemingly-mythical Sea Monster. It was attacking me from below, shooting its tentacles up over my head and trying to pull me down. At one point, it succeeded in crossing some of its tentacles over the top of me and dragging me down into the depths. While underwater, I could finally see this beast that was drawing me down further into the darkness, and yeah, he was an ugly sum’bitch. (Think of the creature in the movie Deep Rising. O.O!) The thing is: I have the distinct feeling that I got away from it, rather than being drawn all the way down and eaten…I just don’t know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment