Tuesday, April 3, 2018

"Beyond Batman" - 02/27/2007 (Lucid)

"Beyond Batman"
02/27/2007
Dream #2
(Lucid) 
  

Had another DILD, last night. I vaguely remember a lot more happening, before all of this - which had something to do with Batman and Robin - but right now I can't be too sure about the events. What I do know is that my first real memory, of this dream, was of being crouched on a pillar, high over nighttime courtyard, of sorts, when I figured out I was dreaming. I remember how much more aware I felt, upon this realization, than in the past couple of DILDs I've had. I could feel myself getting giddy at the sensation. Haha.

The first thing I did was look at my hands; they had little pink and yellow spots all over them. Once I looked away, again, I couldn't believe how much more clear everything had gotten. It was like the entire dream world - which had seemed purely visual, only a moment ago - expanded to all five senses. I was now completely immersed in the dream - to a level that (even after having had so many lucids in my lifetime) astonished me. So much, was this feeling of wherewithal, that - realizing that I'd never actually experimented with taste, while dreaming (I don't even know if I've ever tasted anything in a non-lucid), I licked the back of my hand, impulsively. It tasted just like real skin - somewhat bland and coppery.

Looking around my surroundings, a bit more, I deduced that this park/courtyard belonged to some deviant organization or corporation, and I had been on a mission, before becoming lucid. I can't remember if I actually was Batman or not, but I immediately imagined how much fun swinging around on grappling hook would be. I held up my hand and looked across the way, to another high pillar. At first, I tried to make the hook and rope just shoot out of my hand but, when that didn't work, I figured I'd have to be a little more practical about it. I put my arm down to the side and imagined Batman's grappling gun. When I picked my hand back up, into my field of view, I was holding it. The transition was pretty effortless, and I pulled the trigger and launched a grappling across the gap.

I started swinging around, from pillar to pillar - landing; firing at another spot; and continuing to swing without the slightest fear of gravity. It was just as much fun as I thought it would be! At one point, though, I swung low enough for my feet touched the grass. This activated some kind of security system, equipped with lasers and machine guns. An unfamiliar woman came out of nowhere and, at first, was trying to detain me. Around this time, I feel that it dawned on me, what it was I was doing in this facility, in the first place, but I can't remember, now.

She was soon chasing me around this courtyard, shooting at me with some sort of electric gun-thing of her own. After a while, though, during our cat-and-mouse, we'd started exchanging some dialogue and, eventually, was actually helping me carry out whatever my mission was. The security system had turned on her, and we found ourselves high up, in this tower overlooking the courtyard, hiding from the gunfire that was trained on our position. She told me where [whatever it was I was looking for] was hidden - in the center of a group of columns that circled around, what looked like, some sort of large, metallic sculpture.

I didn't even let her finish talking - getting all antsy and excited, once again - and I just dove out of the tower window. I could hear her scream something like "No wait!!!" while I shot another grappling hook and swung downward, at an angle, landing sideways on one of the columns, kinda like Spider-Man (though I can't remember whether I was actually sticking to the wall or just hanging on). Unexpectedly, the metallic sculpture thing suddenly started whirring and moving. A long, rectangular portion swung upward, to one side, and then turned in my direction. Now, only about 10 feet away from the nearest end of this now-raised cylinder, I could see that and I was staring down the barrel of a enormous, high-tech cannon.

From above, the girl screamed something that implied she'd been trying to tell me it was a gun, but I don't remember what her outburst was. Immediately, I jumped off of the pillar I'd been perched on, just as it exploded from an explosive round fired from the cannon.

(There feels like a gap in my recall right around here, but afterward...) Next thing I know, the woman was flying a helicopter and I had shot a grappling line to the bottom of it and was hanging on while she carried us away from the facility. While hanging, my mind began wandering and I suddenly got the urge to experience being one of my original RP characters, which I've never done before in a dream. I dropped off of the rope, into free-fall, and landed softly on a high rooftop - which had really cool architecture, like a cathedral or something - and I was thinking about how to do this. I was kind of apprehensive about spinning a new scene, because I hadn't had much luck with it in the past, but I decided to try it anyway. 

Standing up straight, upon the angular rooftop, I held out my arms and spun around as fast as I could. At first, I was just watching the world blur, but then, I closed my eyes and thought of being somewhere else, with the intention of turning into my character. Unfortunately, I also had fear of waking up, in the back of my head, and I think that's what caused me to wake up, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment