Wednesday, January 17, 2018

"Burglars of a Feather" - 04/20/2010 (Lucid)

"Burglars of a Feather"
 04/20/2010
(Lucid) 

I was at some museum/gallery type of establishment and was stealing valuable artwork. I believe my partner in crime was my friend TA, but she didn't quite look like herself. I could just kinda 'tell' that it was her.

The gallery looked, strangely, like a high school or something, and after we'd stolen two paintings, we were sneaking back through the halls to make our getaway. I'd suddenly gotten the worst feeling, that this was just a horrible idea (imagine that. Lol), and I was starting to go over the possible consequences of our caper, in my mind. No sooner did I have this doubt, than alarms began to blare, around the building. We had been found out, before we were able to flee the gallery, and I knew that armed guards would, soon, be heading our way.

We abandoned all concept of stealth and ran like hell, carrying our rolled-and-tubed pieces of stolen artwork. The last room I remember being in was the gymnasium. We ran across the entire floor and, just as we got to the other side, I frantically deduced that I was dreaming. Our running stopped, just before reaching the doors on the far side of the gym, and I quickly told her to take my hand. She didn't quite get it, at first, but I told her about how I was just dreaming and was going to get us out of here. She gave me her hand and I jumped straight up, phasing through the ceiling. Ascending, at breakneck speed, we were instantly among the clouds, where we hovered, for a moment, looking out over the ocean of clouds, below us, and the sun as it set low on the horizon. Everything was blue and gold and white, and it was all quite amazing. TA was completely in awe of everything, and we just remained at that altitude and enjoyed the scenery, for a while.

Later, we were in a car, or some other vehicle, looking over the artwork we had stolen. By this time, though, I was no longer lucid. The piece she'd taken was very basic; the cold, geometric type of 'modern art.' Mine was much more detailed and organic, but I can't remember what it was a picture of.

No comments:

Post a Comment