Sunday, October 1, 2017

"High Tide" - 10/01/2017 (Lucid)

"High Tide"
10/01/2017
Dream Fragment #1
(Lucid)
 
(I woke up at about 10 am and tried a WBTB, this morning.)

I know that there was much going on, in the beginning of this dream, but most of it is lost. What I do remember is being on the beach, sometime shortly after I realized I was dreaming. My initial thought was that I was at home in bed, but I remembered that I was at was sleeping at my girlfriend's house, instead, and I was proud to be able to remember that distinction.

I walked up the shoreline, about 20 yards away from the surf, repeating to myself that I was dreaming and trying to think of something to do with my lucidity. Looking over at the surf, I wanted to shift my track to walk with my feet in the water, but then I got to thinking about the conversation I was recently having about my apprehension with open water. Refusing to be intimidated by this, in my lucid state, I basically said "screw it," and walked over to the water. The waves were rolling in, maybe about 3 feet high, at first. After some time, though, the tide started pushing more and more passed me. Soon, what were 3 foot swells increased to about 4 feet. I thought it might be a good idea to get back out of the water, before it got even more intense. Then (like clockwork), an enormous wave - easily a dozen feet high - washed over my head and submerged me. When I surfaced, I saw that I was now about a mile away from the newly flooded shore.

Having already had enough of this watery BS, but perfectly accepting of the fact that I'd brought it upon myself, I levitated myself straight up out of the water and began flying back toward the shore, at a pace a little more leisurely than I was comfortable with; again, since I was now surrounded by ocean, on all sides. Trying to fly faster, I was only able to will myself into short bursts of speed, before my pace would slow, and I'd have to 'burst' forward, once again.

Soon, I was back on the partially-crowded beach. I stopped myself, in order to try to replay the events of my dream in my head, so I wouldn't easily forget them when I woke up. Somewhere after this, I lost lucidity. The dream kept going, but I really wasn't able to retain anything, upon waking, besides those few moments of being lucid at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment