Wednesday, February 11, 2015

"Advanced Lucid Task Completed" - 01/09/2007 (Lucid)


"Advanced Lucid Task Completed!"
01/09/2007
Dream #4
(Lucid)

This dream was about a keg party I’d gone to, last weekend. The house belonged to a guy that I’d just met, that night, and the party was out in the backyard. They had a homemade skateboard half-pipe, out there, and everyone was just kinda hanging out, around it, getting drunk.

I don’t remember much about the dream, before becoming lucid. However, I think it was just a recognition of being this being at the same party I’d already been to, a few days earlier, that made me realize I was dreaming. Immediately, I disassociated myself with everything that was going on in the dream and tried to think of what it was I wanted to do, when I became lucid. I’d completely forgotten about looking for the old, blind, Kung Fu master (to get revenge on him for kicking my ass in a previous lucid) and the first thing that popped into my head was the Dream Views Lucid Tasks of the Month. The Advanced Task  - to 'bring a snowman to life' - was the only one I could remember, at the time (but, seeing as how I was at a party, it would have been the perfect time to ask if there were any lucid dreamers around, which would have completed the Basic Task).

Anyway, I was looking around this snow-less backyard and thinking 'Great. How the f'ck am I supposed to build a snowman with weather like this? Do I make it snow? Do I just manifest the snowman? Do I just manifest enough snow to Make the snowman?' I figured that just manifesting a complete snowman would be kinda lame, so I figured I’d make one from scratch. At first, I tried just making the round sections of snow appear, one at a time. I held up my fingers and tried a little wizardry, but I couldn’t get anything to appear, no matter how hard I tried. So then, I figured making it snow might do the trick, but that didn’t prove to be much easier. I started concentrating on visualizing a snow-covered scene. I was thinking about everything that I could associate with snow, convinced that, the more realistic that I could visualize it, the more solid it would all be and wouldn’t just be a fleeting concept of snow.

I was thinking off everything snow related, Christmas decorations, sleds, everything. Even before the snow, there were huge Christmas ornaments - like Lawn Santas and sh!t - just appearing all over the backyard. But I just Could NOT make it snow! I even stopped once to look at my hands and solidify the dream. I kept trying again, though, and finally got a hazy bit of snow to just layer the ground. It didn’t even fall from the sky, it just appeared. Then, telekinetically, I started rolling some snow and sticks around with my mind. Finally, I made the snowman, but it was partially hidden in the shadows behind the half-pipe. I walked over to it and, since the only light in the backyard was coming from the half-pipe, the area behind it was almost pitch black. I could barely even see the snowman, but I was able to manifest a carrot or something for the nose (can’t remember exactly what I used, but it was orange). However, I don’t think I took the time to put eyes or a mouth on it. Next, I was thinking about how to go about bringing it to life. Before this time, I’d never brought something to life in LD, so I tried to make it as simple as possible. I simply decided that this snowman was now 'alive' and then I just stood there, looking at the shadowy white figure and waiting for something to happen.

All of a sudden, this snowman springs to life and just starts straight-up assaulting me with snowballs! It was like the snowballs were just appearing in the snowman’s hands as the previous ones left, and they were coming at me like machine-gun fire. (This seemed completely random at first but, now that I look back on it, I’m reminded of that movie Jack Frost, where Michael Keaton becomes a snowman and starts machine-gunning all these snowballs at some kids. It was like that but a lot more brutal.) It was so bad that, even though I was lucid, I had to run off to one side and duck and dodge all these snowballs because I was getting completely overwhelmed.

Somewhere around here, though, the dream lost all solidity and faded away.

No comments:

Post a Comment