Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"Magic 101" - 04/11/2008 (Lucid)


”Magic 101”
04/11/2008
(Lucid)

I was at a party, and I think it was Halloween. There was an inside joke running around where yelling “Free Ghost!!!” was supposed to be a hilarious reference to something, but I can’t remember what. This guy had a snake for a pet and I didn’t want to mess with it, because I knew it wasn’t a constrictor and actually had fangs.

Later, Tony and I were walking down a short stairway, leading out into a field, obviously on a school campus. We passed this group of teenagers. There were three of them and I just got a bad feeling, when we passed them. I sensed there was some trouble brewing. No sooner did that thought come into my head, than they rushed us from behind and tried to rob us. I was worried for just a moment, until I realized that the weapons they were trying to rob us with were just lighters - not guns! :P We ended up smacking these kids around a bit, and wrestling them to the ground. I grabbed two of them in a choke-hold, and Tony grabbed the other. We dragged them back to the on-campus housing and took them to their parents (somehow knowing exactly where they lived), who chewed them out pretty good.

As we were walking back the way we came, we split up for some reason, and I began walking across a basketball court, right beside a fenced-in tennis court. There were a bunch of huge, roughneck brothas playing football on the basketball court, and I noticed that my walking across it would inevitably put me in the middle of their playing field. I tried to maneuver my way around them, without disrupting their game and/or getting trampled over during a drive. I was gonna walk through the tennis court, but the gate was looked, so I stayed to the side of their field and walked around it.

Immediately after leaving the basketball court, I spontaneously realized I was dreaming. I passed a group of like 6 girls sitting down in the grass and drinking bottles of something. It was still night time, and there was just enough light coming from the basketball court to see them. Just to double-check whether or not I was dreaming, I looked at a freckle that I could see on one of their backs, and made it disappear. (What a random reality check, I know, but it was the first thing that came to mind. Lol.) I went over to them and flirted for a bit, shaking their hands and being all charming. They were drinking some weird juice drinks that were named different little artsy things. I asked one of them what hers was called, and she said it was called “Creative.” I grinned at her and asked “and are you creative?” She smiled a little nervously and said “Well…I like to pretend that I am...” Without missing a beat, I responded with “Well, imagination is the first step to creativity, so it looks like you’re on the right track.” They all giggled like crazy, and I told them I’d catch them later and walked off to find something else to do, hearing them talking about me as I walked away.

Seconds later, I could hear them all nervously running up behind me, trying to entice each other to talk to me. One of them reluctantly came up and asked me if I was a teacher on the campus (which, I believe, was because of the way I carried myself. I did feel like I had a sense of authority about me). I thought for a moment and then said “yeah,” feeling like showing off a bit, “…I’m teaching a course in magic.” I asked them if they wanted to see a trick and they, and a few other people, gathered around. Still well-aware that I was dreaming, I flicked my fingers and created a small flame in my hand. Then I threw the flame out in front of me, and it landed on the grass. People were mildly impressed, but ultimately not amazed, so I figured I’d have to do something a little more awe-inspiring. Right on cue, a black bird dove out of the tree we were under and grabbed the tiny flame in its beak. As soon as it picked up the flame, the entire bird caught fire, turning into a blazing phoenix. It began to fly up toward the tree again - an almost violent display, which looked like the bird was being burned alive, though it apparently wasn't - and I immediately pointed my palm at the creature and held it in place with telekinesis. I commanded the flaming bird to liquefy, and it began to drip like water, dousing the fire. I then commanded it to freeze. With strings of water dripping down, the entire thing froze, leaving ice sickles trailing off of it. I then released my mental hold on it, and the winged ice-sculpture dropped to the grass with a dull thud.

Everybody went crazy over it, but it happened so fast that I noticed a lot of people didn’t get to see the whole thing. Other people had recorded it on their cell phones, one of whom was my friend V, and we began going through the tape, to show the trick again to those that missed it.
(I woke up while checking out the video.)

1 comment:

  1. The people recording it on their cell phones is pretty amusing. I want your magic skillz.

    ReplyDelete